Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Follow Up- May 23

Hey guys. This is Elder Nelson, coming to you live from Eugene Oregon. haha.  Me and Elder Sorenson have a joke that we always say, he goes "hey man, what are you up to?" and I say, "oh you know...the EUG!" haha. ok so that is dumb...but that's ok. That is awesome that Elder Williams tried to call me, what a stud. So this week has definitely been one heck of a week. It has gone by super fast. I will start with the silly stuff first. This week, I had a thing called vegemite..i am not sure if you know what that is. Ask uncle Justin he will be able to tell you. Basically it is this disgusting salty spread they put on everything in Australia. Also, I dont know why but everyone in oregon, (its happened in every area i've been in) i get told i look like spiderman. I'm taking it as a compliment because basically spiderman is awesome! The ward seems to think that i am new every single week i am there, i always get people asking me if i am new, so i have been telling everyone i am from Ireland haha. I have a pretty legit accent, and i have like 5 or 6 families and all the young men convinced i am from there. haha. sorry that was just a random tangent for ya.
     Well now on to the cool stuff. Here is just a little side note that i found on the mission blog back from leadership training. I thought you guys might like to see it.
"In an effort to teach the same principle many different times and in many different ways, I assigned some of our best teaching missionaries who are not going home for about a year to teach these principle in each of our meetings. When I assigned these missionaries to teach I asked them to vary from the outlined lessons, but teach the principles included in those lessons in a different way. As Sister Macdonald and I participated in each of these classes and in role plays within them we were impressed with how well these teachers did, and also what good students all of the other missionaries were."
(that made me pretty happy)
The work here in Eugene has been...well...MIRACULOUS!!!!! and by miraculous i mean...WE HAVE SEEN SO SO SO SO SO SO MANY MIRACLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  this has seriously been one of the coolest and best and most rewarding weeks of my mission. when i first got here and through the beginning of the last week our zone, with 15 companionship's had 6 people with a baptismal date, and in 7 days we have quadrupled that. we now have 23 with a date!!!!! it has really been incredible to see the change in these missionaries and the work they are doing.  Not only that but our area is turning around, I dont know if i told you but when i got here the area was pretty slow, but now we are finding people to teach and life is just wonderful! We are teaching this young man named Evan. He is 26 and just recently quit heroine. The first time we met with him, he was high as a kite. then he has now come to church twice, and it is incredible to see the change the atonement and the gospel has had on his life. He committed to be baptized the last week in june. (just cuz we need to work on word of wisdom stuff) but he is so excited to take this step in his life. On Tuesday morning i got what some call "an early start to the day" haha we woke up at 2:30 in the morning to take the Brazilians who were waiting for their visas to the airport because...well they all got their visas haha. so we went their and got them all set up and squared away to go to Brazil. it was kinda fun. I felt super disobedient though haha. But we were on orders from president. haha.
          Well now i will share my spiritual experience of the week. On Saturday i was on exchanges with the missionaries in the Spanish area and i had him write out a 3x5 card with simple little things i could say so i could contribute to lessons. I shared a spiritual thought at one appointment, but that isnt the story haha. So anyway after dinner we were teaching an investigator who was starting to get really hesitant, and i felt prompted to say something, so I said "Ore Sobrelo, mas importante a Muy." (you didnt know your little boy was capable of that huh haha) i said Pray about it, it is very important to me. and it turns out they ended up setting a date with her! how awesome is that! So i dont know, i thought it was pretty cool. Thought i would share with ya. =)
         Anyway i hope you all are doing well. Josh i hope you had a wonderful birthday, Jake i hope school is going well. Hannah, endure to the end (i think you know what i mean) Mom, you are incredible keep it up, and dad, i hope you didnt shoot all the squirrels for me. haha. The boat hunting sounds pretty fun. i love you all. if you see logan horrocks tell him he should write to me. haha.
thanks for all you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

No comments:

Post a Comment