Thursday, September 1, 2011

Updated- July 25th


      Hello there hello there! How are ya all doing? How is life? How is the cabin?
       Well so this week has been super crazy. It has been transfer week, well the finding out about the transfers that are happening tomorrow. and I will just tell you that josh and jake were right when they mentioned that their stories of their new mission president transfers. Haha. I'll tell you a little bit about what is going on. Elder Knight is getting transferred, to be an assistant, I am getting a new zone leader companion who has been out for 4 and a half months, there are going to be 3 assistants, lots of people training super early (including one 6 week) and there are 6 white washes going on. The office elders are getting pink washed. Yup lots of crazyness. It will be good though. It was crazy at first and super stressful, but i know things will work out the way they need to and are supposed to. My new companion, is going to be elder Hackett, I have never met him, He has been serving over on the coast, and he sounds like a rockstar especially to be a zone leader so young. I am excited. from what i hear we will get along really well, and the work is just going to move like a sail boat in the wind. with 4 engines on it too. I am excited. The Lord has lots in store. haha. =)
       We still have those two elders living with us in our tiny apartment haha, trying to get them an apartment has been a lot slower than we have wanted it to be...but hey thats ok. One of them was serving over in the zone that Elder Hill (alyssa Newlands friend) is over. Elder Hill is a stud, I like him a lot. But we have had fun having them with us. They are doing some great work in the family ward. They had three investigators come to church and they have one with a baptismal date. The work in the singles ward has been picking up a lot. We have seen so many miracles. It is like the ward has had a sense of rebirth since we got put full singles. President Young came in yesterday to teach during Sunday school and we are starting a missionary member class, people are a lot more open at activities, and I think we are going to start getting a lot of referrals. =) We even have a few investigators coming to play basketball with the ward on Tuesday. That will be lots of fun.
       well we have this investigator name Kyle that we just started working with. He met with some missionaries in the past and already knows a lot. He is amazing. He is coming to basketball tomorrow. We have only met with him twice, but he has a baptismal date for August 13th. I will keep you updated on him. I am excited to see him progress. =) we have also been doing a lot of finding, and teaching on the spot. We taught a young man named dre the other day who is also going to come to basketball. We want to start using that as a finding tool.
 Well i listened to your tape again this week haha i love it. You guys are pretty funny. I forgot to answer a few questions for ya. There are 9 zones, there are like 15 sisters, the rest are elders. and jake now that there are three companionship's of sisters in the zone i am sure i will have more stories for ya. In honor of the tape you sent me, i am going to start working on one to send back.=) i cant remember what else you asked...so i will answer more questions when i remember them haha. So sad news for the week, I will no longer be driving the truck...haha, they are taking it to another zone that needs it i guess, so tomorrow will be my last day, with it since we have to go to the airport and pick up luggage. But will be driving a ford fusion instead.
Oh by the way Mom, you would be proud of me...I successfully made Kalua Pork the other day. It was pretty good haha.
    well I just realized how jumbled and all over the place this email is...my bad. haha. But i want you all to know that i am alive and well. The work is moving forward. Lots of miracles which i am grateful for. I will keep you up to speed on things. But dont forget that i love you. The church is true. DUH! if it werent a bunch of 19-21 year olds would have ruined it by now haha. but really i am grateful for it. And for you and all that you do. I love you.
- Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment