Well well well, look what we have here...another week gone by and more and more updates from you all. It sounds like you are all doing wonderful things, and having lots of fun doing them! It sounds like you had lots of fun and stayed close to the spirit as you told the boys that they needed to go and buy some milk. Haha that made me laugh. Did you have fun with the gurls? You said you took some funny pictures...i like pictures ;) Dad, how was the week for you? it sounds like Spencers homecoming was awesome. I cant believe he is home and Logan is up at school...so weird. Josh, how do you like your classes? you asked when transfers were..they are on september 6th, I am pretty sure i am gonna get transferred,( and hopefully released as a zone-leader) Haha we'll see though. Jake, how is provo? any fun stories for me? how was parkers wedding? Any other people i know getting married? Hannah, how was school today? how does it feel to no longer be a squash more? My own new personal philosophy, "Happy Day, All is Well."
Well Thank you so so so so so so so so so much for the package. It made my whole week!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the ties, i wore one yesterday, and the cookies, well they are gone already, and the coloring. Lets just say I AM IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that goes without mentioning the SHARK BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my holy donuts that book is the coolest book in the world, it makes me so happy. thank you so much. Hannah the talk sounds like it was amazing. Good job.
Lets just say i am grateful president Young is so patient with me. I am not so used to his way of doing things yet. President Macdonald liked us to solve the problems, and president Young is more along the lines of wanting to know it all, so lets just say i have made a few mistakes lately haha president is patient and has helped me become a better leader through it though. He paid me a high compliment yesterday, he said something along the lines of "you never cease to amaze me with your boldness and great leadership, you are one of the best leaders in the mission'' so that was kinda reassuring i am not trying to brag when i say that. It was just a comfort after seeming like a poopy leader haha. We have done a lot of exchanges this week. It started with me in the Spanish Elders area, i have a lot of fun when i go to their area, I like trying to speak spanish.. i am not very good though. Then later this week i went with a companionship that has been struggling a little bit...and the program that i helped president put together, i was able to go through with this elder, and it was really great. I definitely feel the spirit in their lives and he has a sincere desire to change. I am grateful for the example that he has given to me. =) I will make a copy of the program today probably and send you it to see what you think. Then saturday night we got a call from another companionship that is really struggling and we had to do an emergency exchange with them but there was a cool story that happened there. One of the elders was with me and we were walking down the street back to our car, and i looked at a house and just felt a good feeling. Like something good was about to happen, I imagined that someone would walk out of the house,....when all of a sudden...the door opened and i thought to myself "no way" and luckily the elder i was with did his job and went over to talk to them, and they invited us in and we had a great conversation with them, this was at like 8:40 at night!!!! How cool is that? what a miracle. I love miracles.
This week we did a lemonade stand outside fo the institute, and it was a lot of fun, giving lemonade to people and talking to them about the church. it was awesome, we talked to so many people, (i bet your wishing i could spell better huh? haha) and i even talked to someone who was from boise and went to school at timberline (where sam goes) and we found a new investigator there!!!!! His name is Ken, he told us he needs something in his life. It was so great. We are meeting with him on tuesday. Kris is doing well He came to church yesterday, possibly the best time in the world to come to church...to hear ELDER PERRY SPEAK!! He is praying for a date to be baptized. Soon. Very soon. =) Jooho is doing great. He texted us last night and said he was way sad he couldnt come to church. but he loves his korean book of mormon, and loved watching the restoration movine in korean> what a stud! also josh, you will be proud of this...we gave out a french book of mormon yesterday. (which is why i wish i could bear my testimony in french) Haha, i have met so many people hear. at the lemonade stand we met a german rugby player. what an awesome town. I'll be sad to leave if i get transferred. I feel like we definitely have a relationship with the ward now.
Well last but definitely not least on the things of this week.....i wanted to save this for last to let the tention build up. I am proud to say i am the luckiest person in the world...would you like to know why? huh? would ya? want me to tell ya? ok drum roll........(i dont hear drum rolling!!!) ok here it is.... I GOT TO GIVE ELDER L. TOM PERRY A HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok yeah just let that sink in for a second. Elder L. Tom Perry, and i got to hug him! How cool is that? haha. I was on cloud nine all day on saturday. =) haha, he is a powerful speaker and i learned so much. We heard from him his wife, Elder L Whitney Clayton, and his wife, and got to shake all their hands and the hand of Elder Brinkerhoff and his wife.and then i got lucky enough to hear him the next day in sacrament I wish josh and jake coulda heard him speak on sunday it was an incredible talk. He talked a lot about how the YSA of today are going to be the people who save Christiantiy in america. and the others talked about discouragement. Powerful meeting. SO powerful.
I wanted to let you all know that. I hope all is well. Thank you again so so much for the package, the love and the support, you guys are so incredible. I dont know where i would be without you. Thank you...Know that i love you and am praying for you constantly. If there is anything you need from me please let me know. ok? i love you.
i'll love you forever, i'll like you for always, as long as i'm living my family you'll be.
Love,
Elder Haydn Nelson. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment