Wednesday, September 14, 2011

September 12, 2011

  Hello Hello, Hannah....as much as i hate to say it...congrats on getting asked to homecoming...I think you need to make another list for me for when i get home, this one, instead of good movies or songs of boys names that i need to contact when i get home....(seriously) if you don't I'll have Josh do it for me. =P Dad, thanks for the updates on sports, I sure to appreciate them. Haha. How is work? How is our water feature? Any fun news for me? You guys are all the best. Thanks for all you do for me. You rock.
        Well this week has been an adventure!!!! I have learned so much this week, one of the many things that i have learned is that in Eugene, when the Ducks play football, it is extremely hard and ineffective to try and do any work. Everyone is either at the game, or watching the game and doesnt want to be bothered...haha, it was pretty nuts out here, Everyone was wearing Duck Yellow, and after the game people were super happy, (coulda had something to do with the fact that they stomped all over Nevada). Haha, but anyway. This week has been pretty great. I hope you know how great this work is. My testimony has increased so much these past few weeks, and I know without a doubt that prayers are heard, and answered...There is no way that our Heavenly Father doesn't listen or care about us, after this week i know that without a doubt. He does listen and does care.
     Yesterday at church it was looking like Kris' baptism wasnt going to happen...but we knelt down and said a prayer, and during the middle of priesthood our prayer was answered. His baptism was incredible. It felt so good to be there to support and help with it, and to be able to baptize him. He is so great. He was way nervous before the baptism, and we talked about a scripture, Alma 27:18, we focused on the end of it where it says "this is the joy which none receiveth save it be the truly penitent and humble seeker of happiness." we were talking about how the only true and lasting happiness comes when we humble ourselves and follow Jesus Christ and do our best to draw closer to our Father in Heaven. It was a powerful experience. Kris was so funny, he said "i feel like i am gonna find out i just won the lottery, but have to wait 20 minutes before they announce it" He was so ready, I will send home pictures when i get them printed out. =) it was a great experience. I Love this work.
       Yet again, it was another insane transfer, and things were crazy! I got to go out to the airport again and be a taxi for all the new missionaries luggage, haha, it is pretty neat, i love seeing their happy faces, they are all so excited to be out here doing the work. Also this week I got to go and do some service at a golf course!!!!! How cool is that? Since the entire church was doing a day of service this year, the singles ward volunteered to help at the golf course, and it was so great. I loved it, We had so much fun, just talking to the people and being near a golf course. =) always an adventure.
        This week has been incredible though. I was so grateful to know that the Priesthood is real, i know that our heavenly father is proud of us when we choose to follow his sons example. THis church is true. I know it, i know it ,i know it. I cant stress it enough. I love you all, and am so grateful for all that i have been able to learn. if there is anything you need from me please let me know. I love you all.
Love,
Elder Haydn Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment