Friday, June 8, 2012

June 4, 2012



       Well hello there everyone! How are you all doing? 
      Yesterday I had a very humbling spiritual experience that i would like to share with you. As i wrote in my journal last night I started by saying that similar to Ammon, "i cannot say the least part of that which I feel".  With the past few days efforts of tracting I was feeling a little low, as we have been running into... less than friednly people...haha. But i have come to learn that when the Lord sees that we are willing to do all that He requires of us, He cannot wait to bless us! Yesterday after some tracting we went to dinner with a family in the ward, and there was a girl there who was at church with this family too, she is probably 12 or 13. Elder Barber and I knew she wasnt a member of the family, but we thought she was a member of the church (as she had bore her testimony in sacrament) and after we ate dinner she pulled out a notebook with a page full of questions on it. Varying from "do you like bubbles" to "why do Mormons marry in temples?" "why are you called Mormons?" and "how would I go about taking the missionary discussions?" (it was on this one that we realized that she wasn't a member...) she needs to ask her parents for permission but with the lords help it will all work out and we had a great lesson with her. From there we rushed to our apartment to be picked up by a member who earlier that day in church had asked us to come out to their home to teach the two children living with them. Michael who is thirteen, and Heaven who is 7. They are so great. Heaven made up a secret handshake for me and her and Michael is awesome (he reminds me of a younger Jordan) they have a really cool story, and Mike has the craziest questions i have ever heard a 13 year old ask. He asked a question about the war in heaven. He said "if fighting is a sin and we need to repent of it, then why was there fighting in the war in heaven?" yeah no ordinary thirteen year old kid thinks like that. They are incredible and he really wants to serve a mission. Heaven turns 8 next month and wants nothing more than to get baptized.
     The point of all of this is to express to you all that when we put our efforts in, we will see the results the Lord wants us to see. I wanted to see them tracting but He had something Else in mind. We just put our trust in him and we will be ok. That goes for everything in life, With things you are going through Josh. Things you are jake. Hannah, you too. and Mom and dad this even appliles to your race this week. I hope you all know that I know without a doubt that the Lord knows each of us, and he is mindful of us. And is more than anxious to bless us. It is a very humbling thing.
    THis experience helped me to realized somehting else as i laid in bed last night, In matthew chapter 18:3 the Savior says: 3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little achildren, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
The young kids that i met yesterday were so inspiring to me. They had such a great desire to know about the gospel. It helped me to realize the truth of the saviors teachings. These children showed such a great example to me ot what we all can do to continue to come closer to him. I know that he is mindful of us, and provides a way for us to be able to return to him through his son Jesus Christ. For that i am eternally grateful.
    SO all in all this week was so wonderful, there were a lot of miracles. and i wish i had more time to tell you about them all. haha. Never enough time. I must be running. but i hope yo uall have a great week. good luck with the races, drive safe. Happy June!.

love with all you've got.
Elder Haydn Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment